March 12, 2011

Not-So Fed-Ex

Where I work, we have unlimited sick days. What we don't have is enough staff to always call in people when someone's sick. So people, like one of the guys I work with directly, come to work when they're sick. Yeah. And now I'M sick. Yuck. So today, my lovely readers, all I can muster for you is a super short story, and no pictures unless I decide to add them tomorrow or next week, or if I can re-purpose any from other stories. While I'm typing THIS, I still haven't decided what story to tell, so we will find out, kind of, together if that's possible. Here goes nothing.

So far still nothing. I'm distracted by what ever this show is on DIY which I'm watching because I turned my TV on and don't know where the remote is.
Today I'm blogging from home. Just pretend the cloud is some home improvement show.
I found a picture to re-purpose. this is that picture's third appearance in my blog, not counting the version I made for my header.

Still nothing.....

Ok, I got it. Before I even type it and before you read it I'm going to say "I'm sorry."


Apartment Livin'
Here's what I hate most about living in apartments. And I've lived in a lot of them. Almost a different one every year since 2004. So that's 9 minus the townhouse one year and minus one because I've been in my current one for 1+ years. Seven. Yay, I can do math. 

I know there are a lot of things that suck about apartments. You have up to 8 neighbors around you,.You don't get a driveway to park in. Sometimes your landlord doesn't want to fix stuff that needs fixing properly because of how much it would cost. You can't really change anything like the carpeting, appliances or wall colors. If you're lucky, there are washer/driers in the basement and you don't have to go to a laundr-o-mat [I  have no idea how that should really be spelled/hyphenated]. The list goes on. 

While at my first apartment, which ever cell phone I had [I believe it was a Nokia stopped working. So I called AT&T, which was Cingular at the time, and they said they would swap it out for a new one. Actually, I think I might have just been ordering a new one. Doesn't matter. They sent it Fed-Ex. Which is great because it's speedy. But sucks because it required a signature and the Fed-Ex guy didn't want to knock loud enough for me to hear it from my bedroom. Because I was home the whole day and wasn't listening to loud music or TV. 

I pleaded with my one friend who had a car (BTW this was in college so few people had cars by sophomore year) to drive me out to the Fed-Ex facility which is of course in the middle of nowhere. You think I'm exaggerating but I'm not. I'd never been that far from campus and the farther we drove, the more convinced I was that we had the wrong directions. We finally see it, pull in and I try to go into the customer entrance. Locked! Noooooooooooooo! I WANT MY NEW PHONE!!! I mean we drove all the way there and I didn't want to chance not hearing him knock next time he tried to deliver it. I go around to the loading dock and stand at the doorway looking lost until someone came over. I told him how sad I was and that "I was totally home!" and he felt bad for me and went to find my phone. 

At least the story, while not as short as I thought it would be, had a happy ending.

Again... I'm sorry.

5 comments :

  1. I wish they'd just leave the package on your doorstep, no signature required. What, are they scared someone's going to steal it and then they'll get sued for losing the stuff you've paid for? Come on, I'd chance it. Get with the program, Fed Ex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time a courier company delivered something to me, they waited until I was in the country for work (in an area with craptacular mobile coverage, I might add!), and then rang me and were all "You weren't home, you need to call us and set up a time!"

    So I called them. They said they could deliver it on a work day between 8am and 6pm, and that they couldn't be more specific about the time. So I asked them to deliver it to my work on the day I was to get back from the sticks. So of course they delivered it two days earlier. And it was a package from thinkgeek.com, and was in a Think Geek envelope thing. "Oh, hello boss person. Yes, that's TOTALLY work related!"

    Damn you, courier company *shakes fist*

    (Longest comment ever...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You better heart me forever, even if I don't leave a comment! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Shannon: Haha I know, but I think it's the sender that requires the sig. I was just so mad that he didn't knock louder.

    @Melbourne: Tons of people have non work stuff delivered to work. But I can see how that would be awkward.

    @Stacey: I heart anyone who ever left just one comment! They're not required to comment on every post. So yes, I will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once order either an ink cartridge online while in college. The company that I ordered my cartridge decided to use Fed-Ex to ship said cartridge. So I get a call a few days after I order the cartridge from Fed-Ex wondering where I lived. Note that I was living on campus, was several blocks near the downtown area of a city with around 100K people, so it wasn't exactly in the sticks or in an obscure area. It took me a while to describe where I was located because he wanted to my dorm room number (which wasn't necessary). I did get the ink cartridge delivered though.

    ReplyDelete