November 18, 2017

That Time I Made Chicken Marsala...

I decided to bring back an old feature, and only some weeks. I stopped using my recipe blog, so why not post some food stuffs here sometimes?

This recipe is easier than you think, it's super-duper yummy, and it's one of my favorites. Yes, I just said 'super-duper.' Anyway, like in all my recipes calling for some kind of wine, I use grocery store cooking wine so feel free to do the same if you don't feel like hitting up a liquor store.

Chicken Marsala

Ingredients:

3 boneless chicken breasts
1/4 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
pinch ground pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
4 Tbsp olive oil
4 Tbsp butter
8oz fresh, sliced mushrooms
1/2-3/4 c Marsala wine


Directions...

1) Slice chicken breasts into two or three pieces, height-wise (...? I didn't know how to describe this in words so it actually makes sense, so I found a picture online, I guess it's butterflying, but cut all the way through.)









2) Mix together flour, oregano, salt, and pepper.
3) Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet on med-high heat until butter is melted and bubbling lightly.
4) Dredge (coat) chicken pieces in flour mixture and cook on medium heat on each side for about 2 minutes, moving to a plate afterwards.
5) Once all chicken has been cooked and removed, add mushrooms to skillet and cook for about 2 minutes.
6) Stir the mushrooms then add the wine to the mushrooms.
7) Return the chicken to the skillet, over lapping pieces if needed, so that it's at least partially submerged in the wine. Add a little more wine if needed.
8) Simmer for 5 minutes, then flip the chicken pieces over, and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
9) Serve and enjoy!

5 comments :

  1. This recipe has been on my to-do list for so long, I am definitely making this on 24th April 2011. Yes, I am that precise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop taunting me with pictures of delicious good. Just stop it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And by good, I obviously meant food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to make the chocolate eggs for Easter. I'll let you know how they come out. This chicken recipe looks so good.

    Oh and you should check out this website:

    http://judgeabook.blogspot.com/

    Its so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Apfel: Haha I'm guessing you have A LOT of recipes on your to-do list.

    @Stacey: You don't have to look...?

    @Ebun: I bet they'll come out awesome!

    ReplyDelete