June 29, 2014

That Time I Was Plastic Free...

I just discovered that Australia has this thing called "Plastic Free July." It took about .5 seconds for me to be on board.

I'm already pretty "plastic-free" by having reusable food/drink containers/cups and always take reuable bags to grocery (and other) stores. But starting tomorrow, July 1st, I'm going to really pay attention to the plastic I come across and make sure its comes no where near me! 

Perusing Plastic Free July's site, I already decided on one project to try in order to reduce waste which is to make my own almond milk. The almond milk I buy comes in a paper carton but that is still waste even though I then compost them,and there's that little bit of plastic that is the spout.

I encourage all of you to join me and sign up. You can pledge do be plastic free for 1 day, one week or the whole month and choose to avoid ALL single use plastic or the "top 4": straws, plastic bottles, plastic bags & coffee cup lids. 

So stay tuned! I will be posting updates of my Plastic Free Adventures throughout the rest of the month and let me know if you also participated and if you blogged about it at all.

http://www.plasticfreejuly.org/

No comments :

Post a Comment